Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Decompressing

Today is Day 2 of my social media black out and I really feel like I'm still decompressing. It doesn't help that beyond any reason I've decided come hell or high water that I'm going to finish Gilmore Gills on Netflix immediately! It's been on nonstop for at least 2 days. I know I can finish it by Friday. I really don't know what the hell is wrong with me. The show is so angry! They are always yelling, all of the time, and the wit is just flung at unmercilessly. When the theme song comes on Wren points at the TV and maybe starts dancing a little. Although the whole pointing this is new for us too. She's also been doing the Grumpy Cat face, she's not angry. I have no idea what that's all about.

This post isn't going to be philosophical. I'm just honoring my agreement to write every day. Last night I journaled in bed. Maybe when I finish my insane Netflix marathon I will ban the TV for a day and then maybe I'll try my phone over the weekend while Josh is home. I'll just lock it up in a drawer. That's what I used to love about backpacking. Being completely untethered, no electronics. It's so quiet. We bombard ourselves with so much stimulus now, it's usually not till the power goes out that you realize the hum of everything around you. I wonder what Josh would say to every now and then turning the breakers off and sitting in silence? Once a month for at least an hour. I bet he would do it, he always lets me do crazy, weird things.

Here's to crazy weirdness and finishing the Gilmore Girls so I can have some piece and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment