Monday, November 7, 2011

Deactivation Success

I did it again... I deactivated my Facebook. Maybe I'm weird...but just maybe I'm brilliant. I wrote this in the car today while I waited for Josh to get fingerprinted for his new job.


Disconnect to reconnect,
with myself..with Nature.
My mind clouds with artificial intelligence.
I disconnect from my body.
I disconnect from the Earth, the ground, my true creator, my Mother.
If I threw it all away I'd probably only miss it for a few days,
before I reconnected and saw the beauty around me.
I'd live in the moment and not in the past or in the future.
I'd live my own life instead of reading about others.


My problems with Facebook are the following:
• I hardly ever want to actually post anything either because I don't actually want people to comment or because I actually do want people to respond and that's weird to me.
• I don't feel like I can truly be myself and express myself because I don't want to be persecuted or judged by the people who know me for business purposes and through my non-profit.
I AM LIBERAL AND I'M NOT CHRISTIAN!! I BELIEVE IN GOD BUT NOT THE DIVINATION OF JESUS CHRIST! : ) That would never fly over well.
• It weirds me out to read what people are doing day to day, not responding and also knowing what they had for dinner. I don't like prefacing a conversation with "So I saw on Facebook...".
• I think Facebook is a corrupt company. Period.

So what now? I have no idea. I'm just going to take a break. I might start up another account with just my family members, I feel like they are the only ones that I should actually be seeing what they are doing day to day.

Peace,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Someday, I want a poetry collection from you! It doesn't have to be pretty because the words take care of that. It's beautiful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete