Sunday, April 10, 2011

What does it all mean?

I didn't think I was actually going to do it but.... I deactivated my facebook account. I think this is going to be a good thing. I've already noticed that my brain has been programmed to sift through my day to day thoughts and actions for status updates and that is scary. Is it important for you to know that I really, really like avocados? If I were to post something like that what would I expect as a response? Would I want a response? Would I be disappointed if my "friends" didn't say anything at all? Even if it was simply to say "Me too!" or "I don't like them." or "Here is a great recipe for avocados." and then I would feel great because I liked avocados and so do you and then the next time we saw each other we could rejoice knowing that about each other.

So now what? I'm not a slave to the man anymore : ) I'm curious to see if I notice a difference or not. Maybe I'll follow the footsteps of a friend of mine and write "real time" letters, you know that old fashion kind that uses stamps.

1 comment: